In April 2016, the City of Sunnyvale requested proposals from qualified and experienced housing developers interested in developing an affordable housing project on the City owned property. Later that year, the City of Sunnyvale selected Related California and Team as the preferred Developer of the site. The development team is comprised of Related California, Affordable Housing Access, Housing Choices Coalition, and Steinberg Architects. The project received Planning Commission approval in April 2020 with considerable community support.
Objectives of the project:
- Build quality and attractive affordable housing
- Serve a range of income levels
- Reserve a section of the property for households with developmental disabilities
- Provide a priority to Sunnyvale residents
- Design a project that is compatible with the surrounding neighborhood
- Utilize environmentally-friendly and sustainable principles in project design and construction
- Involve the community in the development process
To learn more, visit www.sunnyvaleblock15.com.